Temecula Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one in a serious accident is a devastating event for any family. It is important to take the necessary time to grieve but it is also important to consider the options available after someone’s negligent actions led to your loved one’s death. The Temecula wrongful death lawyers at Liljegren Law Group offer free case evaluations and will give you the legal help you need to get the justice you deserve after going through a devastating loss.
Temecula Wrongful Death Resources
- Why Choose Liljegren Law Group for Your Wrongful Death Claim?
- How Can a Temecula Wrongful Death Lawyer Help?
- Types of Wrongful Death Claims
- Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
- How Much Is My Wrongful Death Case Worth?
- How Are Wrongful Death Settlements Calculated?
- Contact a Temecula Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Why Trust Liljegren Law Group With Your Wrongful Death Claim?
- Scott Liljegren has won multi-million dollar settlements for clients.
- Never a fee unless we win: our clients don’t have to worry about money, we will fight for fair compensation at no cost.
- We will take care of the litigation process and do all the heavy lifting so you don’t have to worry about paper work and court proceedings.
- We will negotiate the best possible settlement for you and your family.
The wrongful death attorneys at Liljegren Law Group have years of experience in assisting our clients with their wrongful death lawsuits. This is often a very emotional and difficult time for families, and we approach wrongful death claims with the utmost respect and will assist you throughout the claim process. We will fight for financial compensation and take the proper legal action to make sure all negligent parties are held accountable. Contact our law firm today to schedule your initial free consultation with a Temecula personal injury lawyer experienced in wrongful death claims. We will not charge a fee unless we win.
How Can a Temecula Wrongful Death Attorney Help?
It can be essential to hire a wrongful death lawyer after losing a loved one in a traumatic accident in Temecula, CA. Arming yourself with an attorney can be the best way to protect your rights during difficult insurance negotiations. Without a lawyer protecting your best interests, you may accept a settlement offer from an insurance company that does not accurately represent the extent of your losses and your family’s related damages. This is a common tactic insurance companies use to save money for investors. A qualified Temecula wrongful death lawyer can take over your case and handle many important tasks on your behalf for optimal results including:
- Filing a lawsuit. Bringing a wrongful death cause of action in California requires adherence to specific rules and statutes. One of these rules is the two-year deadline to file. Hiring a lawyer means having an experienced professional deal with the details of filing your case for you so you can avoid making common mistakes.
- Gathering evidence. The evidentiary burden of proof rests with the plaintiff during a wrongful death claim. It will be up to you or your lawyer to prove, based on a preponderance of evidence, that the defendant’s negligence was more likely than not the cause of your loved one’s death. One of the most important tasks a lawyer can complete is gathering evidence to build your claim.
- A wrongful death attorney in Temecula will have hands-on experience with these types of claims. This will not be your lawyer’s first venture into wrongful death law. Your lawyer will have the on-the-job experience, knowledge and education about the legal system and your type of lawsuit. Your lawyer will be able to answer all of your questions and handle your lawsuit correctly.
- A law firm that focuses on wrongful death law will have special resources to help clients successfully handle these types of claims. Legal resources include investigators, subject-matter experts, accident reconstructionists, analysts, engineers and state-of-the-art legal technologies. The resources you gain access to from hiring an attorney could help you craft a much stronger wrongful death claim.
- Settlement negotiation. Most wrongful death claims in California reach successful settlements during negotiations with insurance companies. A settlement means you will not have to go to trial. You can improve the odds of receiving a full and fair insurance settlement for your loved one’s death by hiring a lawyer to negotiate with the insurance corporation for you.
- If your wrongful death claim cannot settle for a reasonable amount, your attorney will have the power to challenge the defendant in a civil trial instead. A trial could end in greater compensation for your past and future losses than a settlement. A lawyer can represent you in court and present evidence to a judge or jury that supports your claim or demonstrates your damages. You will not have to worry about going to trial alone after you hire a wrongful death lawyer.
A wrongful death lawyer in Temecula can help you with your case in many significant ways. From start to finish, your attorney will know exactly what to do to win your case and help your family recover financial compensation for an unthinkable loss. Your lawyer can also help you recover physically and emotionally. You will not have to doubt the validity or strength of your case once you hire an attorney. A lawyer will use proven and aggressive legal tactics to secure the maximum possible compensation for your family – all while you spend time grieving, healing, and celebrating your loved one’s life.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims We Handle
Lawsuits can be brought after a person’s negligent actions lead to another’s death, through any of the following situations:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dangerous premises
- Truck accidents
The California wrongful death statute describes the action as a fatality caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another. A wrongful act can include drunk driving, excessive speed, hospital administration of the incorrect medication, or toxic substances. If you specifically lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact our law firm to speak with an experienced Temecula car accident lawyer. We offer free consultations and can help you figure out your legal options.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in California?
California code 377.60 allows these family members to pursue a wrongful death claim:
- Domestic partners (must be registered in accordance with California Family Code 297)
- Stepchildren, dependent on the deceased
- Surviving spouses
A lawsuit may be pursued in court by close family members of the deceased victim against the person who caused the fatality, with or without the help of a wrongful death attorney in Temecula. Civil claims cannot seek imprisonment but can seek an asset amount of damages to compensate for the loss of the victim. Although doing this without a lawyer present can be a daunting task, if you have any questions regarding your family member’s wrongful death, contact Liljegren Law Group today for a free consultation.
Compensation for Wrongful Death in California
The damages available in a wrongful death lawsuit refer to the payments your family could receive for specific losses. The final amount of your settlement or judgment award will depend on the types of losses your family suffered because of an untimely death. Listing these damages on your own could help you calculate a fair amount your claim might be worth. In California, the civil courts allow families to demand compensation for several damage types, both economic and non-economic:
- Attorney’s fees and court costs
- Exemplary damages
- Any medical expenses prior to the death
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages
- Future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Punitive damages
- Monetary damages
While the monetary damages are easier to calculate and project out, family members will often require the expertise of an experienced Temecula wrongful death attorney to determine the worth of the other damages such as the loss of the victim.
How Are Wrongful Death Settlements Determined?
A wrongful death settlement should correspond with the value of your losses. Under California law, if an insurance company or jury finds you and your family eligible for a settlement, it will calculate what it believes is a fair amount based on your specific damages. Factors that may come into play include the age of the decedent, his or her earning capacity, state of health, income at the time of death, education, training, health insurance, and benefits. The circumstances of death can also affect a compensatory award. Learn more by speaking with a local wrongful death attorney in Temecula, CA.
Speak to a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Temecula Today
No matter the details of your case, Liljegren Law Group is here to help. We are a personal injury law firm with years of experience and with law offices in several locations throughout southern California. If you recently lost a loved one to negligence, contact our law firm today. Fill out a contact form on our site or give us a call any time at (951) 676-4554.
Client Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Scott and his team are professionals they actually care about the people the people they represent. They will give you straight up honest answers about your case. They call you back, they work consistently on your case.
– Steve K.