Temecula Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one in a serious accident is a devastating period for any family. It is important to take the necessary time to grieve, but it is also important to consider the options available after someone’s negligent actions led to your loved one’s death. Liljegren Law Group’s Temecula wrongful death lawyers offer free case evaluations and will give you the legal help you need to get the justice you deserve after going through a devastating loss.
Contact a Temecula Wrongful Death Attorney
Our Temecula wrongful death lawyers at Liljegren Law Group have years of experience in assisting our clients with their wrongful death lawsuits. This is often a very emotional and difficult time for families, and we approach wrongful death claims with the utmost respect and will assist you throughout the claim process. We will fight for financial compensation and take the proper legal action to make sure all negligent parties are held accountable. Contact our Temecula wrongful death attorneys today to schedule your initial free consultation. We will not charge a fee unless we win.
Why Choose Liljegren Law Group?
- Scott Liljegren has won multi-million dollar settlements for clients.
- Never a Fee unless we win: our clients don’t have to worry about money, we will fight for fair compensation at no cost.
- We will take care of the litigation process and do all the heavy lifting so you don’t have to worry about paper work and court proceedings.
- We will negotiate the best possible settlement for you and your family.
Give us a call and speak with a Temecula attorney at no cost (951) 676-4554
Types of Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Temecula, CA
Lawsuits can be brought after a person’s negligent actions lead to another’s death, through any of the following situations:
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Slip and Fall
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dangerous Premises
- Truck accidents
Specifically, the California wrongful death statute describes the action as a fatality caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another. A wrongful act can include drunk driving, excessive speed, hospital administration of the incorrect medication, or toxic substances. If you lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact our Temecula car accident lawyers, we offer free consultations and can help you figure out your options.
Who Can Bring a Wrongful Death Claim?
California code 377.60 allows these family members to pursue a wrongful death claim:
- Domestic Partners (must be registered in accordance with California Family Code 297)
- Children or stepchildren dependent on the deceased
- Surviving Spouses
A lawsuit may be pursued in court by close family members of the deceased victim against the person who caused the fatality, with or without the help of a wrongful death attorney. Civil claims cannot seek imprisonment but can seek an asset amount of damages to compensate for the loss of the victim. Although doing this without a lawyer present can be a daunting task, if you have any questions regarding your family member’s wrongful death contact Liljegren Law Group in Temecula for a free consultation (951) 676-4554.
How Can a Wrongful Death Attorney Help?
It can be essential to hire a wrongful death attorney after losing a loved one in a traumatic accident in Temecula. Arming yourself with a wrongful death lawyer can be the best way to protect your rights during difficult insurance negotiations. Without a lawyer protecting your best interests, you may accept a settlement offer from an insurance company that does not accurately represent the extent of your losses and your family’s related damages. This is a common tactic insurance companies use to save investors money. A wrongful death lawyer can take over your case and handle many important tasks on your behalf for optimal results.
- Filing a lawsuit. Bringing a wrongful death cause of action in California requires adherence to specific rules and statutes. One of these rules is the two-year deadline to file. Hiring a lawyer means having an experienced professional deal with the details of filing your case for you so you can avoid making common mistakes.
- Gathering evidence. The evidentiary burden of proof rests with the plaintiff during a wrongful death claim. It will be up to you or your lawyer to prove, based on a preponderance of evidence, that the defendant’s negligence was more likely than not the cause of your loved one’s death. One of the most important tasks a lawyer can complete is gathering evidence to build your claim.
- A wrongful death attorney in Temecula will have hands-on experience with these types of claims. This will not be your lawyer’s first venture into wrongful death law. Your lawyer will have the on-the-job experience, knowledge and education about the legal system and your type of lawsuit. Your lawyer will be able to answer all of your questions and handle your lawsuit correctly.
- A law firm that focuses on wrongful death law will have special resources to help clients successfully handle these types of claims. Legal resources include investigators, subject-matter experts, accident reconstructionists, analysts, engineers and state-of-the-art legal technologies. The resources you gain access to from hiring an attorney could help you craft a much stronger wrongful death claim.
- Settlement negotiation. Most wrongful death claims in California reach successful settlements during negotiations with insurance companies. A settlement means you will not have to go to trial. You can improve the odds of receiving a full and fair insurance settlement for your loved one’s death by hiring a lawyer to negotiate with the insurance corporation for you.
- If your wrongful death claim cannot settle for a reasonable amount, your attorney will have the power to challenge the defendant in a civil trial instead. A trial could end in greater compensation for your past and future losses than a settlement. A lawyer can represent you in court and present evidence to a judge or jury that supports your claim or demonstrates your damages. You will not have to worry about going to trial alone after you hire a wrongful death lawyer.
A wrongful death attorney in Temecula can help you with your case in many significant ways. From start to finish, your lawyer will know exactly what to do to win your case and help your family recover financial compensation for an unthinkable loss. Your lawyer can also help you recover physically and emotionally. You will not have to doubt the validity or strength of your case once you hire an attorney. A lawyer will use proven and aggressive legal tactics to secure the maximum possible compensation for your family – all while you spend time grieving, healing and celebrating your loved one’s life.
How Are Wrongful Death Settlements Determined?
A wrongful death settlement should correspond with the value of your losses. Under California law, If an insurance company or jury finds you and your family eligible for a settlement, it will calculate what it believes is a fair amount based on your specific damages. Factors that may come into play include the age of the decedent, his or her earning capacity, state of health, income at the time of death, education, training, health insurance and benefits. The circumstances of death can also affect a compensatory award.
Who is Awarded a Lawsuit Settlement?
An insurance company could award a settlement to a deceased person’s surviving spouse, children, parents, siblings and/or other family members depending on the line of intestate succession. Calculating damages in a wrongful death claim can be difficult alone. It typically requires help from experienced Temecula wrongful death lawyers. If you are curious about what your lawsuit might be worth, consult with a lawyer at Liljegren Law Group for an in-depth case review. Initial consultations are free.
What Damages Can be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
The damages available in a wrongful death lawsuit refer to the payments your family could receive for specific losses. The final amount of your settlement or judgment award will depend on the types of losses your family suffered because of an untimely death. Listing these damages on your own could help you calculate a fair amount your claim might be worth. In California, the civil courts allow families to demand compensation for several damage types, both economic and non-economic.
- Attorney’s fees and court costs
- Exemplary damages
- Any medical expenses prior to the death
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages
- Future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Punitive Damages
- Monetary Damages
While the monetary damages are often easy to calculate and project out, family members will often require the expertise of an experienced Temecula wrongful death attorney to determine the worth of the other damages such as the loss of the victim.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
No matter the details of your case, we are here to help, we are a personal injury law firm with years of experience with law offices in several locations. Contact Liljegren Law Group’s Temecula personal injury attorneys for help regarding an accident. Fill out a contact form on our site or give us a call at any time (951) 676-4554.
Recent Client Review:
“Scott and his team are professionals they actually care about the people the people they represent. They will give you straight up honest answers about your case. They call you back, they work consistently on your case.”
– Steve K.